My name is Jacob Goldberg, and I’m 23 years old. I was born in Dallas, Texas, grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and I moved to NYC in September after graduating from the University of Kansas last May.
- I come from more of a running background- I ran track in college for the University of Oklahoma and the University of Kansas (primarily 800m and 400m).
- Work: I’m an equities trader at Kershner Trading Group / SMB Capital. It’s a proprietary trading firm specializing in short-term trading, and has offices in both NYC and Austin, Texas.
- I found out about TheProgram from Strauss’s book, Becoming Ageless. My Dad is a triathlete, and he sent me the book after he read it and loved it. I haven’t previously been the type to read a lot of books, but something lead me to read this book all in one sitting. While reading the book, I found many parallels between the things Strauss writes about, and my personal lifestyle. When I found out while reading the book that there was this group, TheProgram, that works out every morning in NYC, I immediately thought it could be the perfect opportunity to both explore fitness in a different way, and also meet new people!
- TheProgram has really helped me “find myself”, so to speak, after finishing my collegiate running career last Spring. Throughout college, my life for the most part had revolved around Track & Field. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything, but I knew that after I finished school I wanted a little break from the same regime that I had been accustomed to for the last five years. I also knew that I wanted to stay really fit though, and I wanted to have fun doing it. TheProgram has been perfect for me because it has given me a change of pace in my fitness while also remaining very challenging and fun at the same time.
- Believe in yourself first. Your body can push the limits more than your mind thinks it can!